20.7.09

Preschool stage

Ryo will turn 3 in a week's time, and boy there is a long list of amazing things he can do now, as compared to the last time I updated his development.

Language - Average
  1. He can speak in quite complete sentence, eg: 妈妈, 我自己炒菜吧!He likes to add 吧 at the end of his sentence.
  2. He is only beginning to sing complete songs, other kids can do it long ago. But then better late than never

Mobility - Advanced, top of the cream

Did I ever mention he is very well suited to be sent to Shaolin monastry to learn kungfu, and he won't find it tough?

  1. He can run faster and further than most adults
  2. He can jump off the ground at 18 months, 5 months early.
  3. If I sit on the bed, he can leap up and sit on my shoulder, legs around my neck. And do it about 30 times. Hope I can video it later.

Social and emotional - average

  1. Stranger anxiety - still have but he won't cry, he just lowers his head or hides behind me.
  2. Koala bear syndrome - so much better, sometimes he can just play alone
  3. Crying - still at baby stage. He cries for toys, attention and almost everything else and all day long - help. He even cries when he wakes up after nap, everyday, without fail, can you believe it for a boy?
  4. Housework - he likes to do housework (housemess for me). He can sweep, mop, wash veges and milk bottles and even cook.


Milk feeding - Way bottom

  1. Day feeds - I am pretty much amazed that Ryo can have many growth spurts. Often he wants milk every 2 hours, 180ml you know.
  2. Night feeds - You must be laughing at me for still noting this at age 3. But I like to inform you for the last 3x365 days (minus a few weeks when grandpa helped me) I have not slept a night throughout. Ryo still wakes up for night feed, sometimes 2 times a night.

Even though he drinks milk so frequently, I don't know where it all went. He's only slightly below average built. Maybe he has my genes.

Potty training - Slightly better than average

He's been day-time diaperless since 26 months, and night-time diaperless when he was 2 years 9 months. He still pee at night though. I had to get him up to pee in potty.

1 comment:

celest said...

wow.. very detailed analysis hehe. ryo has sure grown up a lot, big boy now! :) i like that first pic. of him stirring the veg.. hehe.. very sweet. maybe makings of a BIG chef ;)