- I want the hippo to reveal itself from the water
- papa please don't go to work
- I want to talk to MacDonald's uncle (for home delivery). Papa wants the big burger, mama wants the big burger and Yo-yo wants the small burger
- i want to fly up high (when the helium balloon is tied to him)
and the list goes on.
His feeling must be FRIGHTENING. My feelings were JITTERY, my hands were shaking when the teacher carried him away from me. I expected him to cry badly for 1 week.
BUT! His peformance for his first day was excellent. He cried a bit before he spotted toys in his classroom, and so he sort of calmed down. We were able to watch him from home through the school video (but then mine has some technical problem so i couldn't watch him). Isaac called me to say he wasn't crying anymore. I couldn't be more happy. He exceeded my anticipation.
I fetched him back at noontime, and he wept again when he saw me, and again when he saw the driver, and again when he saw our maid.
Today on his second day, he cried a few times in class, and needed more teacher comforting. It was funny to see the teacher feeding him his drinks and food, because he can jolly well do that himself. I did asked the teacher to let him complete his tasks himself once he gets more settled down.
- He can speak in quite complete sentence, eg: 妈妈， 我自己炒菜吧！He likes to add 吧 at the end of his sentence.
- He is only beginning to sing complete songs, other kids can do it long ago. But then better late than never
Mobility - Advanced, top of the cream
Did I ever mention he is very well suited to be sent to Shaolin monastry to learn kungfu, and he won't find it tough?
- He can run faster and further than most adults
- He can jump off the ground at 18 months, 5 months early.
- If I sit on the bed, he can leap up and sit on my shoulder, legs around my neck. And do it about 30 times. Hope I can video it later.
Social and emotional - average
- Stranger anxiety - still have but he won't cry, he just lowers his head or hides behind me.
- Koala bear syndrome - so much better, sometimes he can just play alone
- Crying - still at baby stage. He cries for toys, attention and almost everything else and all day long - help. He even cries when he wakes up after nap, everyday, without fail, can you believe it for a boy?
- Housework - he likes to do housework (housemess for me). He can sweep, mop, wash veges and milk bottles and even cook.
Milk feeding - Way bottom
- Day feeds - I am pretty much amazed that Ryo can have many growth spurts. Often he wants milk every 2 hours, 180ml you know.
- Night feeds - You must be laughing at me for still noting this at age 3. But I like to inform you for the last 3x365 days (minus a few weeks when grandpa helped me) I have not slept a night throughout. Ryo still wakes up for night feed, sometimes 2 times a night.
Even though he drinks milk so frequently, I don't know where it all went. He's only slightly below average built. Maybe he has my genes.
Potty training - Slightly better than average
He's been day-time diaperless since 26 months, and night-time diaperless when he was 2 years 9 months. He still pee at night though. I had to get him up to pee in potty.
One is for my Ah Ma, she passed away peacefully at age 92. I hope she keeps on smiling in heaven.
Another is for Isaac's uncle.
The funerals are consecutive of each other, but I realised if you are doing it for your loved ones, you won't feel one bit tired. Nor the scorching hot tarmac road even if you wear thin white socks.
Anyway that's the way life is. And life goes on.
I named this "Meteor shower" cos it looked like one
My cough started when Ryo had his last bronchitis, that was like 3 weeks ago. It was about to get better when I had a sniff of the Beijing air at the airport, and heck I was coughing really bad again. And now I am allergic to every dust, willow seeds or pollens in the air.
So I am forced to wear a mask whenever I am out, at this unfortunate swine flu period, I think I am a monster people choose to avoid.
He got it cos he jumped into the swimming pool soon after a rain... i think it's ridiculous when I heard it.
And now he has to take another course of antibiotics. The doctor recommended some preventive measures, like taking cod liver oil and the medicine Zaditen to take everyday!!!
Sometimes things like that made me regret coming back. Is it worth the while?
Day 2, as we were dressing up to go eat lunch with grand aunt again, Ryo told me he wanted to spray perfume. Ha ha this little fella is quite vain. At the restaurant he even asked grand aunt to smell his shirt.
If he can be this warm to everyone else.
* I found this photo of Ryo when he was about 8 months old. I think he looked super cute as compared to now... hahaha.