2.9.09

Ryo goes to school

He started his first day of kindergarten yesterday.

His feeling must be FRIGHTENING. My feelings were JITTERY, my hands were shaking when the teacher carried him away from me. I expected him to cry badly for 1 week.

BUT! His peformance for his first day was excellent. He cried a bit before he spotted toys in his classroom, and so he sort of calmed down. We were able to watch him from home through the school video (but then mine has some technical problem so i couldn't watch him). Isaac called me to say he wasn't crying anymore. I couldn't be more happy. He exceeded my anticipation.

I fetched him back at noontime, and he wept again when he saw me, and again when he saw the driver, and again when he saw our maid.

Today on his second day, he cried a few times in class, and needed more teacher comforting. It was funny to see the teacher feeding him his drinks and food, because he can jolly well do that himself. I did asked the teacher to let him complete his tasks himself once he gets more settled down.


211

Ryo in blue&white shirt, sitting on teacher's lap

208

Ryo in blue & white, cries and teacher goes forward to comfort him

There are 3 teachers to his classes, but at feeding times, I would see about 5 teachers, so that is probably good.

No comments: